This post is so exciting to me! This time last year I started my blog, this post was supposed to go up yesterday but life happens so I’m posting it today! This has actually worked out for the best as I hit 1000 followers on Instagram overnight which in the grand scheme of things is not a lot but to me it’s amazing! For today I thought I’d share some of my favourite moments of the last year and my plans for this year!
This past year so much has changed – I quit my full-time job to go to uni, moved in with my boyfriend, began decorating a house and obviously started my blog! I have loved blogging and I’m so glad I finally started after saying I would for literally years! Over this year I’ve had about ten changes of opinion on what I want my blog to be but over the past few months I think I’ve started to find my own so hopefully, that comes across!
A Look To The Future
Believe it or not, Emiline is not my name! My name is actually Emily and I came up with Emiline as a way to stay anonymous but as the year has gone by I’ve started to upload pictures of myself and now I want my blog to contain my actual name but apparently Emily is the most common name and I cannot find a decent blog name where the URL, Instagram and Twitter are all available!
I also want to go self-hosted this year, WordPress is amazing but who doesn’t want a .com?
I’d love to do more fashion and home posts. I love clothes and decorating my house just as much as beauty. When I started this blog I knew I wanted to do a little of everything but over this year I’ve definitely stuck mainly to beauty – maybe I’ll change my blogging schedule to different themes on certain days?
One of my main hangups about my blog and Instagram is picture quality. I really want to get better at taking pictures and have them be a higher quality. Hopefully, over the next year, I’ll invest in a decent camera since I’ve already stuck at this for a whole year!
Thank you so so much for supporting this tiny space of the internet for a whole year! I cannot wait to see what this next year brings!
Thanks for reading!
Glossier Gal |Cologne Christmas Markets | Origins Obsessed
I always thought I was quite a productive person – yeah I’m top of the class for procrastination but when it came down to it I thought I’d always get shit done. That was until about a month ago when I realised I’m only good at being productive when I have a million and one things going on. At the end of first year I had exams, assignments, a new job, an old job, I produced two plays, moved house, kept up with my blog and still managed to spend time with friends and family. So naturally I assumed during summer I’d be able to get even more stuff done but in reality, I’ve rewatched the entire Gilmore Girls and got a bit of a tan.
I mean this hasn’t been helped by the heatwave which has been making it near impossible to wear clothes never mind run errands but I have been so unproductive! I haven’t even found time to write my blog posts and have been scrambling every Thursday/Sunday to make sure I have something to go up! I couldn’t figure out why until I realised it’s because I have so much time – when you have time to spare it’s so easy to get into a routine of doing nothing and spend the first half of the day catching up on love island and having a nice breakfast! This week I’ve made more of an effort to be productive so I thought I’d share some of the tips I’ve come up with!
Get up earlier.
Yes it’s summer and you have nothing to do all day but as soon as I have a lie in half of my day has gone and before you know it its tea time and nothing has been done.
Go to the gym.
Or take a walk – anything that makes you get up, dressed and out. Last week I took my first ever spin class and even though I thought I might die I felt amazing afterwards!
The old cliche but it’s a cliche for a reason. When you can clearly see everything that you have to do that day or week it’s so much easier to tick them off without forgetting the important ones! When I write lists I include every single thing I have to do even if it’s the dishes that way I feel more productive when I see how much I’ve actually achieved!
Make sure everywhere is tidy.
This is more of a personal one as some people work better in ‘organised chaos’. You do you but that is not me! I like everywhere to be clutter free and clean so I can get my best work done!
I hope you like this kind of post – I had no idea what to write about this week so I thought I’d just write what I was thinking! As always thank you so much for reading – I’ve been blogging a year on Tuesday and I can’t believe it, it’s gone so fast! I’ve got a blog post celebrating the milestone and hitting 100 posts next week so check back for that!
Thanks for reading!
I’m 23 today!
I don’t know what it is about 23 that sounds so old but it does! Although I don’t feel any different and have been telling people I’m 23 accidentally for a few weeks now. I thought today I’d do more of a personal ‘get to know me’ post since today is all about me, I joke but it’s still kinda true!
- My name isn’t Emiline and I’m actually trying to come up with a better blog name that suits me better!
- I’m 5 ft 8 and haven’t grown since I was 11.
- I was also born 2 foot long – apparently, this isn’t normal.
- When I was younger I was an actress and actually went on tour around the UK which was not at all as glamorous as it sounds!
- I’m left handed which I hope makes me a creative being!
- I’m studying Events Managment and I also produce plays which I love.
- My favourite meal is breakfast – I love going out for breakfast it feels so special – god knows why!
- My favourite food is spaghetti bolognese and I’d love to go to Italy to taste it there!
- I believe in ghosts way more than I should
- I have blue/green eyes and they change colour every day
- I’m from Liverpool
- I’ve visited 13 countries but I thought I’d been to way more. I’ve been to most places more than once which I’m trying to stop doing I want to go to as many places as possible!
- On that note, I’m going to Cuba next month – I can’t wait to write holiday blog posts!
- I have blonde hair and always feel like a change but back out at the last minute
- It took me 2 years and five tries to pass my driving test but now I’m an excellent driver I swear!
- I say my favourite colour is pink but I actually think its green
- I am a massive foodie and I’m always trying out new recipes!
- I’d love to run a marathon one day
- I LOVE country music
- I’m not a big drinker but I love a gin cocktail
- I really wish I had more interesting things to put in this
- By 24 I want to have done more things that scare me and maybe this post won’t be so dry!
- I love birthdays! Even if it’s not mine I just love celebrating people (and birthday cake!)
Well, I thought that would be a bit better than it was but oh well! I hope you’ve liked getting to know me a little better! Check back on Sunday for my April favourites!
Thanks for reading!